Day By Day



Thursday, September 30, 2004

Tweaking the Gringos

It's that time of year when I like to make the point as to exactly why I moved so darn far south for the Northerners who are reading this blog. Nothing mean-spirited in it; just the facts, ma'am. These are just some of the reasons I moved to Texas:


1.) It's the last day of September. I'm still wearing shorts, golf shirt, and sandals as I write this.

2.) Current temperature (at 10am): 75 degrees. Forecast today is 90 degrees, partly-cloudy sky. (Later note: Make that 94 degrees.)

3.) Forecast for tomorrow; the same (90 hi/ 70 low). If it rains this weekend, it'll be 80 hi/ 60 low. In Texas, 80 hi/ 60 low is what they call a "cold front coming through--break out your winter coats (I kid you not!)

4.) Not one single leaf has turned color here yet, so I'm not raking anything.

5.) They just finished repainting the pool, so I'm going swimming this afternoon.

6.) Burger King has **6** different varieties of Whopper down here; including your standard Whopper, Double Whopper, Whopper w/cheese, and Chicken Whopper; but also with the **Texas ONLY** variants of the Texas Whopper (with Barbecue Sauce and Jalapenos) and Double Texas Whopper (which literally has double everything except the bun; plus BBQ sauce and jalapenos, which makes it some kind of tragic yet delicious food accident disaster.

7.) Gas is still $ 1.74/gallon.

No comments: