Day By Day



Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Latest Photos From South Texas


The local weather in Spring in South Texas can be . . . . "highly variable." This day (May 2nd) it hailed like HELL all over San Antonio, and gully-washed the whole metro area. This picture, by the way, was taken outside Ariane's clinic, just so you know.


Julian at Japanese Gardens in San Antonio. He's trying to look "spiritual," but it mostly just looks like a weasel is burrowing up his pants.


Julian ande his best buddy Jaime from school. More a brother-and-sister thing; these two are a riot when they're together.


Candid shot of Ariane at a Quincanera party with a beer in her; hence the loopy smile.


Julian with his violin at the final (Thank God!) band concert of the year. The girl on the right is Jeanette, his Stand-Partner. Julian is completely unaware that Jeanette is gorgeous; which is probably good.


Julian's Award for "Outstanding Orchestra Member -- Junior Varisty" at the Band Banquet two weeks ago. I asked him why he got the award, he said "Just dumb stuff. I never missed a practice, or a concert; I was First Chair all year . . . y'know, dumb stuff like that."


Julian as he stands up to receive his award -- completely stunned. I love this kid.

~~John~~

No comments: