Gliding Into Another Christmas Season

Well, the Tree's up, the balcony's trimmed in Lights, the little ceramic tree that reminds me so much of the one my Nana had in her Dining Room every year is ablaze with light, and Julian's bathroom is festooned with a veritable army of Nutcrackers.
Yup -- gotta be Christmas!
*****************************************
School's out for the semester -- got an "A" in A&P. Ariane got 3 "a"'s and a "B" in A&P lab -- which she's quite annoyed about. (Heh.)
Ariane & I have started taking walks every Sunday -- 2.5 miles, brisk pace, 30 minutes. She's lost 45 pounds since the beginning of summer, and inspired me to do a bit myself. I've lost 5 pounds since Thanksgiving. I think the dog's even lost some weight -- she goes with us on out long Sunday walks, and loves every step. The dog and I even take shorter 2-mile (20 minute) brisk walks every day.
Did I mention the monster honkin' hill in the middle of the walk that get's the ol' Target Heart Rate into the redline? God, how I HATE that hill -- but it's fun to stand on the top and think "I BEAT that bastard, didn't I?"
It's a good feeling, really.
******************************************
And in case anyone was planning to visit us next summer, make it later in the summer. We're in the midst of planning our trip to France and Belgium next June and July. Ariane will go first for two weeks with Julian -- who will stay there for two more weeks -- then I'll go and bring him back. This allows Julian to maximize his stay time, and get a month's worth of immersion into French language and culture -- before i go get him and get my two weeks of immersion.
By God, I'm going to see the Louvre this time or die trying, too. I'd love to see an orchestra if we can manage it -- but I'm planning on spending pretty mch every night in the Grand Place of Brussels or on the Champs d'Elysee drinking a ridiculously- overpriced liter of fine German Beer and watching the tourists go by.
Ah, how I've missed that!
I doubt anyone's really planning any visits -- all of Ariane's family has laready visited from Europe, and none of mine have managed it yet from Chicagoland.
Still, if it was on your list -- speak now or forever hold your peace.
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment