Just Some Newsy Little Notes
Julian had his UIL performances today for violin. (I used to know what "UIL" stood for when I did it myself back in High School Choir; something like University Interscholastic League or something.) UIL is the group that puts on the music competitions at the High School level. Any individual or group wishing to perform selects a piece from the prescribed selections. Pieces are graded acoording to difficulty; so if you have a piece of moderate difficulty level and get a score of "1" (Perfect), you still didn't do as well as somebody who played a very difficult piece and got a "2" (Near Perfect.)
Julian played a moderate-level of difficulty piece last year and got a "1" for it. I think that's why he was selected as First chair for the JV band. He's been working really hard with a music tutor (who is a violin player for the San Antonio Symphony himself) all year. So when he chose a piece with a very high difficulty level, he started practicing over a month ago with a fervor rarely witnessed.
Didn't surprise me a bit when he received another "1", either. His mother remarked last week she couldn't tell the difference between the recording and Julian any more.
His mother is (again) in full swing at UT finishing up her Nursing pre-requisites. She's thinking about going to Physician's Assistant school too -- and she's got the grades for it. (All A's except for one "B" in Anatomy lab -- only onc credit, but you'd think the sky fell in. Yeesh!)
Me -- my surgery's on for Wednesday the 7th at Ariane's Hospital. I'm the last case of the day -- 12pm to 3pm; with Recovery from 3pm to 6pm; assuming all goes as planned. It just occurred to me the other day -- they'll do a couple of things as precautions before the surgery should anything go wrong, they can be prepared. It's pretty much standard procedure everywhere I've ever seen a surgery. They'll put an IV line in me (well, yeah -- I've seen enough surgeries to expect that.) They'll put a tube down my throat when I'm out to help me breathe (again, I expected that -- so there better be some ice cream in it for me!)
And . . . . they're gonna catheterize me.
You know -- put a tube up my pee-pee so I don't wet the Operating table.
Oddly enough, that is the thing (pardon the pun) that's bothering me the most. They'd better wait until I'm damned near unconscious to do that one to me. (Maybe I can just do it myself before I get on the gurney.) I really don't want anybody I don't know poking around my twingle-dingle, y'know?
I mean . . . MAN!
Gotta think about that one. Yeesh!
~~JD~~
P.S.: YEEEEESH!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment