Friday's Feast
This looks like an interesting thing, so I think I'll try it and see how it goes.
Friday's Feast is a weekly meme brought to us by Susie at http://www.fridaysfeast.com. People sign up for her email alerts and every Friday AM we go to her site to get the week’s questions.
Appetizer: How many pieces of jewelry do you wear most days?
Wedding ring -- that's about it. I don't even wear a watch -- I hate that pale mark on the wrist it gives you.
Soup: What is your favorite instrumental song?
"Lazy Susan" by Dan Fogleberg & Tim Weisberg, from the album "Twin Sons of Different Mothers". I saw Dan perform this solo in St. Louis by singing the flute song himself. Classically I'd have to say Beethoven's "Fur Elise" (the saddest song in the world, really -- from a deaf father to the daughter whose voice he cannot hear) or his "Moonlight Sonata" is just massively impressive -- especially when you're out in the backyard watching a full moon in a cloud-scudded sky sail through the clouds to this tune.
Salad: Who has a last name that you like?
Arnold Schwarzeneggar. Rupert Pupkin. Catherine Braithewaite. Pedro Guerrero. Ross Bagdasarian. Anything with an onomatopoeic sound to it. Me, I've got four letters in both my names -- and 9 letters if you throw in the middle initial; not a lot to work with.
Main Course: Name a popular movie you’ve never seen.
Shrek III. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Knocked Up (and I don't PLAN to EVER see it, either.) Almost everything Will Ferrell has ever made. And anything involving the new wave of "Torture Porn" movies like Hostel or 1408 -- that stuff is just sick.
Dessert: Fill in the blank: Nothing makes me ___________ like ____________.
Hmmm . . . so many choices, so little time. Let's see . . .
Nothing makes me shiver like Chicago in the winter.
Nothing makes me giggle like Laurel & Hardy shorts.
Nothing makes me sadder like remembering the family members I've lost.
Nothing makes me smile like the love Jesus has for us.
Nothing makes me wiggle like worms in my underwear. (It's a reference to a Boy Scout Song . . . )
~~JD~~
9 comments:
I have 4 letters in each of my 4 names (first, middle, maiden, married)!
I was with you up to the worms in the undies. Perhaps one should do one's laundry more.
I have seen one Shrek and was surprised it was not bad. The pirates anyway I would never want to see.
What a great feast! I learned quite a few things about you. :)
I hope you don't mind that I added you to my permanent blogroll. (I know I tend to use rough language at times, and you seem like such a nice person.)
But I like you, so I want to add ya. Maybe your niceness and civility will rub off on me. ;)
Thanks for visiting *my* site... your place will be a regular read for me now!
I have an antipathy to Will Ferrell that usually is only reserved for people that steal my parking spot in my apartment complex.
And I even lowered myself down to watch Stranger Than Fiction, hoping that Emma Thompson could make it all better...and while she tried and sometimes I have the urge to be that deranged a writer, nothing could stop all the cliches in that movie.
hehe-- I forgot my WATCH!! Of course I wear a watch....24/7
and all them movies? Never seen a one of them and don't plan on it.
That was a really interesting feast! I like your name choices---I couldn't think of one quickly enough!
HAH! Raven was the first one to get the joke!
For a Nurse to "not wear a watch" is pretty outrageous -- almost nigh-unto Heresy in our happy little profession. I'm the only Nurse I know who takes pulse with one hand on the stethoscope and the other on my Plam Pilot.
Heh-heh-heh.
~~JD~~
Great feast!
Wow, look at your desserts...you served more than one! :)
Hope you have a great weekend.
a nurse without a watch is a nekkid nurse.
Post a Comment