Just a Brief Note . . .
. . . after which I'll promise to post more this weekend. Re-acclimating to college at 48 years old has proven to be a LOT harder than I thought; the idea of using reading glasses to study has been a significant obstacle in itself.
Heh.
Overall though, I'm maintaining my "B" Average, so I should find some breathing room maybe Saturday or Sunday and we'll figure it out then.
Just one short vignette from last night I have to share before I forget it. I was sitting at the end of a hallway with some other students doing a little pre-test review (aka "cramming") when one of the professors came out of an office and walked towards our group. He asked us, "Did you just see a girl come past here?"
Honestly, we hadn't; but I couldn't help telling him "Sir, this is the Nursing Department. You and I may be the only two males in this building."
He stared at me for a second, then blinked hard before a grin crept across his face. "Well, yes, that's true. She's a young girl, very pretty -- long dark hair?"
Now it was my turn to deadpan back at him and blink hard. "Sir, this is San Antonio Texas. We're in the middle of Latina Central. They're ALL young, pretty girls with long dark hair.
Dead silence. A second -- then two.
Then my study group and the professor burst out laughing until the tears came. When we'd all settled down, the professor said, "You're not from around here, aren't you?"
"Nossir, I'm from the Chicago area originally."
He said, "Well, I've lived here all my life, but I've never quite thought of it that way." And we all laughed again.
Just as another example of how weird my mind works, I got two questions on my test right last night by imagining Tony Orlando and Dawn dancing and singing on a yeast culture of small pale pink cirular cultures.
When I saw the culture under the microscope, I knew the name of both the song and the culture. Candida Albicans. Unfortunately, I'll spend my life wondering why they were singing about a girl with a Yeast infection.
~~JD~~
1 comment:
Welcome back, JD.
Post a Comment