Miscellaneous & Sundry; Part VIII
1.) It's Saturday Night. I'm full of Guiness -- I'm celebrating. Sue me.
2.) I'm absolutely fascinated by the ClustrMaps to the right side of the 'blog that shows where people are looking in on tghis little 'blog. Some of them I know about and understand; for instance, the big circles in Minnesota, London, Paris, Chicago, Virginia, and St. Louis MO are explained by my friends and family (Mike Sawin in Minneapolis; Paul Sheik-Hossen in Paris & London; Nancy Gertsmeier in Valpariso IN, and my sister Kathy and friend Trevor Burroughs in Virginia; and friend John Gerdes in St. Louis.)
Those I understand.
But what's with that guy in Portugal. Who's the doofus in Argentina, or in Thailand who's looking at my 'blog? Who the heck in Venezuela is reading these pages? In Spain? In Italy?
Heck, who's that in Florida, or Kansas, or Canada?
For some reason this just tickles me to pieces!
(And for some reason, spelling seems to be incredibly complex while I'm inebriated.)
If you haven't tried this, click on that little map with all the red circles on it. It's just under the counter and right above Bert's smiling face.
3.) I've added a few new 'blogs and websites to the links available on the right side. Two I'd strongly recommend are Frontline Forum and Midnight in Iraq. They're 'blogs maintained by military folks currently stationed in Iraq; so this is news straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Take a second to take a gander and let me know what you think.
4.) MAN, they have a lot of good vintages available in Texas.
5.) Just for everyone who's wondering; we're not very likely to travel this year. We're still waiting for the INS to issue Ariane a new Green Card. Until she gets a new Green Card (the old one having been stolen when she was mugged last year), we're pretty much stuck here.
Deportation is a very real possibility without your Green Card in South Texas, particularly now.
So; how's by you folks right now?
~~JD~~
1 comment:
Those blogs from military people make me think that they started to play "Over There" over here, too bad I can't watch it but refering to the critics french people like it quiete a lot.
Post a Comment