Sunday Evening, 5.75 Miles

Honestly, I have no idea what I was thinking.
Mileage: 5.75 Miles
AM Glucose: 102
Weight Loss: 22 pounds
I've been taking the doctor's advice and laying off the walking the last week, which has been driving me crazy. I decided to compromise and just walk one "Big Walkie" a week. Since I had planned to be off Monday the 30th, I figured that Sunday night after work would be the best time -- gives me a full day to recover, not to mention sleep in the next day.
So we (the dog and I) started walking the Southern Route to see how far we could get without pain; or, alternately, without too much pain. 2.85 miles later, we met the Interstate and stopped for an ice cream at Baskin-Robbins. (Considering we had to repeat the trip home, I felt like we deserved a treat.) Then we walked back, which almost killed the dog -- literally. She was limping by the time we got home, and she collapsed ont the living room floor and panted hard and fast for an hour after drinking her entire bowl of water. Plus she slept in this morning -- something she's never done before.
And I've had charley horse cramps all day. So, it was a nice, brisk turn of the leg for both of us. Then to add insult to injury, on the way back home I got called into work for the next morning, so sleeping late was out of the question. (yeah, yeah -- listen to me complain about overtime!)
However, I am seriously considering going to bed early tonight.
Very seriously.
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment