Diabetes Update
For some odd reason, this picture reminds me of Samantha and I walking along. For some reason. . . .
Mileage 5/22: 2.7
Mileage 5/19: 2.6
Mileage 5/17: 1.2
AM Glucose (5/23): 92
AM Glucose (5/22): 99
AM Glucose (5/21): 68
AM Glucose (5/20): 79
AM Glucose (5/19): 74
AM Glucose (5/17): 57
AM Glucose (5/16): 57
Today's Weight: 290
Weight Loss: 36 pounds
Keeping that morning blood sugar low seems to be the key. I started an evening shift last week in preparation for classes next fall (It's so much easier to get classes during the day versus Evening classes, which are almost always filled up.) The first two days I was waking up with extremely low blood sugars ("57" is actually borderline dangerous). I think this is because I was working until 11pm, then going to bed, with only my evening sandwich and yogurt to support my metabolism. And given my size and decrease eating at night (Hey, I'm working right up to bedtime almost!) resulted in low blood sugars. So I've started carrying a little snack with some kind of carbohydrate base to it, like a Nutri-Grain bar or Peanut butter sandwich to eat before bed (hopefully on the way home.)
The large weight loss (Eight pounds in ten days) is partly from that, and some from switching scales. Coming to work at 2:00 pm means I can't weigh myself first thing in the morning like I used to, so I bought a digital scale that seems to be within a pound or two (probably two) of the scale at work.
So maybe two pounds of it is scale-switching. But not all of it.
In related news, the new belt I bought in January because all of my other belts were too big -- is now too big itself. Plus Ariane has informed me that my too-big pants look like those of my beloved Bozo the Clown's pants now, so we have to go shopping at the Dickies Outlet this weekend in San Marcos for new pants.
Cool!
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment