Day By Day



Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Evening, 2.6 miles

I've been taking it easy on the walking this week, and my weight is showing it. I got as low as 304 pounds and started yo-yoing up as high as 307. However, as soon as it stops raining almost every day here I plan to start walking again 3-5 times a week again. We haven't had this much rain since the year we moved here.

I think this pretty much effectively ends the drought everyone has been worried about.

Mileage: 2.6
AM Glucose (4/30): 101
AM Glucose (5/01): 105
AM Glucose (5/02): 90
AM Glucose (5/03): 108
AM Glucose (5/04): 102
AM Glucose (5/05): 77
AM Glucose (5/06): 83
Weight Loss: 19-22 pounds

The last seven days I've been able to keep my blood sugar below 110, which is a new record, and I'm pretty tickled with it. In fact, I've been under 110 for 16 of the last 18 days; also a record. Plus there were a few cheats in there (ice cream, potato chips), so I'm learning to be careful when I cheat. That's the beauty of Type I diabetes; you can really eat any food you want, as long as it's in moderation.

Of course, when I've got my hand in that bag of chips or on the ice cream scoop, moderation be damned -- I WANT IT ALL!!!

Samantha is sitting next to one of the benefits of the extra rain. These are West Texas thistle blooms, which have big white floppy flowers the size of your palm with yellow and red centers. They'll tear the hell out of your clothes, but they're gorgeous. The vacant lot next to our apartment has about a hundred of these, which is 90 more than I've seen in the last five years combined.

Very pretty stuff.

~~JD~~

No comments: