Day By Day



Thursday, May 01, 2008

Friday's Feast!



Feast One Hundred & Eighty Nine; May 2nd, 2008.

Appetizer: What was your favorite cartoon when you were a child?

Oh, the Warner Brothers stuff, undoubtedly. Bugs Bunny was easily the favorite, although Daffy Duck has a special place in my heart as well. Everything I know about Interpersonal Relations and Anger Management I learned from Bugs Bunny; which is scary when you really think about it.



Soup: Pretend you are about to get a new pet. Which animal would you pick, and what would you name it?

Very likely a cat; I already have four. Maybe a dog; dogs are pretty cool, too. I'd love to have a Jack Russel Terrier or a Chihuahua; maybe a Beagle. We used to name our cats after emperors and tyrants (Attila, Caligula, Nero, etc.); but lately they're all named after TV characters. Our four cats today re named Ethel, lucy, Otis, and Jeannie -- the do is named Samantha. (Extra points if you can name the 1960's TV references.)



Salad: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy getting all dressed up for a special occasion?

Considering that I own absolutely no dress shirts or suits of any kind, I'd say the square root of negative 1.



Main Course: What kind of music do you listen to while you drive?

Oldies sometimes; pop music was much more creative and inventive musically in the 50's and sixties. Gotta love Buddy Holly. Most of the time, though, it's Postive, Encouraging K-Love Christian. Light Years above anything musically being done today.



Dessert: When was the last time you bought a clock? And in which room did you put it?

Uhmmmmm . . . wow. You got me there. I think I bought the clock I put in the bathroom last. I needed it to curb me tendency to languish in the john in the morning and be late. That was two, maybe three years ago.

Friday's Feast is a weekly meme brought to us by Susie at http://www.fridaysfeast.com. People sign up for her email alerts and every Friday AM we go to her site to get the week’s questions.

~~JD~~

13 comments:

Gabriel said...

Loved your feast. I enjoy the WB cartoons a lot, though you will see that my favourite is from MGM...

My post is here (will be up at midnight Eastern time). Happy Feasting!

Dallas Meow said...

sigh, I have two in the bathroom, though technically, one is in the back closet - just only visible from the shower.
I must have latent tardy tendencies.

Kara said...

LOL at your appetizer, great feast! Thanks for stopping by mine :)

maiylah said...

naming your cats after emperors and tyrants sounds cool! :)
enjoyed your feast,
happy FF!

Bela said...

next ta care bears, warner bros is my next favorite.

my feast is up to. hope u can check it out too:

http://www.womenxplore.com/2008/05/feast-one-hundred-eighty-nine.html

Gill said...

I loved your feast - nice interesting answers. LOL at your appetiser! Have a good weekend :-)

Marsha said...

Let's see on your soup challenge...

Lucy and Ethel - I Love Lucy
Otis - The Andy Griffith Show
Jeannie - I Dream of Jeannie
Samantha - Bewitched

I so totally agree with you Salad!

Have a great weekend and please join my feast if you can.

Just Some Thoughts

Unknown said...

Great feast!!

Wow, you've got a nice collection of cats.


http://www.laaneworld.com/2008/05/fridays-feast.html

Kim said...

Very good feast!

I had forgotten about Warner Brothers! And how could I since I married to one of the biggest fans ever! My son loves them too.

Don't forget to head on over and feast with me!

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Anger mgmt from Bugs, huh? Well, that's definitely better than taking it from some of the others like, Yosemite Sam or the Taz.

Anonymous said...

Great feast - and thanks for visiting mine. Re: the driving thing - I live virtually in the city centre, with buses every 10 minutes, so I thought I'd be kind to the environment and use the public transport system. We also have much smaller distances to cover in the UK. Have a lovely weekend!

Lifeless in Ohio said...

I think investing in a clock business would not be a good idea - almost everyone I have visited either can't remember the last time they purchased a clock or it has been at least three years. LOL

Marina said...

Great feast! I, unfortunately, have no pattern to naming my animals. My cats Elizabeth and Darren are my only pop culture references.

My post is finally up, come over for a visit if you'd like.