Day By Day



Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon; 1.5 Miles

Huh! It's been exactly one year since I last posted one of these updates.

Fancy that.

Today was the first day I've been able to take my daily walks since I had the couch dropped on my leg during the move in January. I've been trying to take it easy and rest the leg and knee, and that's been going well to a certain extent. But at a certain point the couch cusions start to look a LOT like your backside, and boredom begins to set in. Plus I started to gain weight, which is Not Good. Plus my glucometer has been broken -- what, an ENTIRE MONTH???

Yeesh! Time to get organized here.

Mileage: 1.5 Miles
AM Glucose: Unknown
Weight Gain: 8 pounds

Blanco Road has these wonderful, wide medians that have been formed from tinted concrete that look like red bricks, and it seemed a perfect place to take our walk. (Samantha certainly seems to approve, anyway.)

we had to stop halfway -- Samantha was more tired than I was. But I didn't want to push it too fast, too soon, and make the knee worse than it was. Nevertheless, my thighs and ankles ached when we got home, which is a good sign I didn't atrophy too much.

Better yet, my knee felt better than when I started.

~~JD~~

No comments: