Day By Day



Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday's Feast!



Appetizer: What is your favorite beverage?

I don't drink much soda any more with my diabetes; but there is a LOT to be said for a nice, warm Dr. Pepper. Good for what ails you, as we say in Texas. The beverage I drink most frequently is Tea. The caffeine in tea is moderated by the tannic acid which smooths out the caffeine spikes; lasts longer and makes you less jittery.

If I'm really feeling luxurious, there is nothing in the world to compare to a Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks -- the pinnacle of beverage evolution for the planet.

Soup: Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

I don't have a computer desk. We switched to laptops two years ago. I have it perched on my knees right now in the living room scanning the news channels for information. That makes me my own computer desk, so to speak; so three things on me would be shoes, socks and underwear, Thank God!

Sorry; no webcam.

Salad: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?

9.7 It's too hard to keep track of your lies, really. I'd be a Ten, but there are still little children in the world; and there's that whole Santa Claus/Easter Bunny thing to consider.

Main Course: If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?

Istanbul Turkey. I'd rename it "Constantinople" again -- much prettier and historical name.

Dessert: What stresses you out? What calms you down?
Very little stresses me out, actually. Mostly, it's just people. Relaxation is where you find it. There's a beautiful little passage in "The Last Samurai" where Ken Wantanabe and Tom Cruise's characters are discussing beauty and perfection. I'm watching the sunrise creep into the treetops of the oak saplings here, and that seems perfect to me right now.

"They are all . . . perfect."

~~JD~~

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Great feast, fun blog. I enjoyed it. Good luck with your move!!