Day By Day



Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday's Feast!



Appetizer: Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?


I got pretty drunk one night in 1982 and wrote my own obituary; then mailed it into the Army Times. It was pretty funny at the time; but it wasn't funny when they canceled my credit cards and froze my bank account. I was six omnths getting that mess fixed up.

Soup: What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

They don't. We stopped using free salt years ago (and thereby, pepper as well) years ago and lost about 20 pounds each.

Salad: Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?

We're actually seriously considering San Diego this year; just because we've never been. After that, of course, it's the Virgin Islands some time in the next 10 years. I might never come home if I love it enough.

Main Course: What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?

Whatever my wife buys. Vaseline Intensive Care seems to be the current favorite. We're nurses, so we go through a lot of it.

Dessert: Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.

I don't do desserts. I cook; not bake. And why in the world would I want to make something up when there's a whole perfectly good website right HERE full of luscious recipes like this magnificent Blueberry Pie.

Alton Brown is my hero. Really.

(Click HERE for previous Friday's Feasts!)

~~JD~~

No comments: