Friday's Feast
This is me waiting for a Chow packet in Desert Storm -- I'm center in the picture, about 10th from the left with the mustache facing the camera. Handsome rascal!
Appetizer - What was the first job you ever had?
The Very First job I ever had was a lemonade stand on the corner. We just so happened to set it up the day Valparaiso University had Commencement -- we made over a hundred dollars in 1960's money. I was heartbroken when I had to divvy the money up with my cousins and sisters who trucked water and lemonade back and forth -- I thought I was gonna be rich right there!
Soup - (Taken from Bravo’s Inside the Actor’s Studio) - Name a profession you have always wanted to try.
I always wanted to be the Computer Guy that everyone's looking for when their PC breaks down. I may yet do that as a second career after I retire from nursing. There doesn't seem to be much of a market for nude skydivers.
Salad (also from the Actor’s Studio) - Name a profession you would NEVER want to try.
Sludge Pit Reclamation Worker. Office Drone. Professional Crab Fisherman. Exotic Dancer.
Entree - (also from the Actor’s Studio) - What is your favorite sound in the world?
Train Horns. Like George Bailey said, it's one of the greatest sounds in the world, along with Steam Ship whistles and Car horns -- it means we're going somewhere!
Dessert - (and from the Actor’s Studio) - If there is a Heaven, what would you like to hear from God when you arrive?
Well, there *IS* a heaven -- I've been there (long story.) I just don't want Him to be unhappy when I get there -- that's all. Something like, "You don't have to impress Me -- You've done plenty." Let is be said of us that our hearts belonged to Jesus; that we spoke the words of Life; that our lives were made a Blessing for Life.
~~JD~~
1 comment:
Your salad answers make me think you watch The Discovery Channel (like I do). Anything on Dirty Jobs is a job I wouldn't want!
But your picture goes along with MY answer for the salad---I am just not cut out for combat.
Enjoyed your answers!
Post a Comment