Day By Day



Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday's Feast





This si the Thanksgiving feast that my 15 year old son cooked by himself for us in 2005. (He's a scary kid sometimes!)

Appetizer: What is your favorite fruit?

Jim Carrey. Why are you laughing?

Soup: Who is someone you consider as a great role model?

Gee, that list is long and distinguished. Ronald Reagan. Martin Luther King. Mahatma Ghandi. David Robinson. Ordell Gertsmeier (my uncle.) Socrates. The Apostle John. Dale Ciciora, my high school basketball coach. Albert Einstein. Harry Truman. But if I had to choose one, it would be Jesus Bar-Joseph of Nazareth, a turn of the millennia humble carpenter.

Salad: If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?

Sorry, that's a trick question. There's no place like home.

Main Course: Name something you do too often.

Again, my life is too full. Eat ice cream; scratch my nose (and people think I'm picking it! -- eeewwwwww!!!); Make a fool of myself; wallow in self-pity; dance like a monkey.

Dessert: Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.

I really like Nursing because you just don't get that feeling of being of service to people in other jobs.
I really like Driving because it's a challenge -- it's a lot harder than it looks!.
I really like Traveling because exposure to other cultures and peoples really makes you think.
I really like Scuba Diving because it's the closest thing to Flying outside of an airplane.
I really like Reading because it lets my mind soar.

~~JD~~

5 comments:

Kara said...

Great feast! LOL at your appetizer. Thanks for visiting mine :)

Eleisia said...

What a great feast!
Very thought provoking. Liked your dessert.
Enjoyed your blog. You must be a great nurse.

Lady of Musotopia said...

Your son sounds amazing :) You must be one proud dad!
LOL at your fruit! :)
I'm an OT student at the moment, so I definitely agree that nursing is very underrated! But I hope that someday I will get a similar kind of satisfaction in my career :)
Great feast all around - thanks for stopping by my feast as well as sharing yours. Have a great weekend :)

jenny said...

I enjoyed your feast! Good list of heroes and desserts!

I can't imagine my son planning and cooking a whole Thanksgiving, but my daughter in a couple of years---yes!

Joseph C. Harris said...

Great Feast. I liked your dessert. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Come back anytime.