Day By Day



Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday's Feast


Appetizer: On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how much do enjoy watching sports on television?

It depends a LOT on the sport and the specific event. I have fond memories of watching the Chicago Cubs on WGN-TV (8), so that's something I can do anytime they're on and enjoy. Football, I like the playoffs (7) (or the Super Bowl - 6), and I like college ball (8) more than the Pros. Basketball -- I love those San Antonio Spurs anytime (8).

Soup: If you could completely memorize any one work of fiction, which one would you pick?

Fiction? Shakespeare's Hamlet. I memorized the soliloquy in high School. It's so beautiful and deep and depressing. I'm currently actually trying to memorize the books of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John from the Bible. It has more practical application for my life.

Salad: What is your favorite breakfast food?

Certainly not Salad; that's for sure. Does day-old cold pizza with ketchup count? No? Then probably cold Coco Crispies cereal with milk; with Toast and Jelly coming in a close second.

Main Course: Name something fun you can do for less than $10.00.

Buy a beer and watch the tourists go by on the Riverwalk. Ride the mini-locomotive at the San Antonio Zoo. Re-read a book I've already read. Watch a movie matinee. Memorize some Bible passages. Take a walk and watch the sunset. Pray.

Dessert: How long does it usually take you to fall asleep?

The one skill I learned in the Army and still use. If I'm not asleep in ten minutes, that's a LONG time for me. Once my head hits that pillow, I imagine I can feel the gentle roll of the earth beneath me towards the west and that's pretty much it -- out we go.

~~JD~~

12 comments:

Cat. said...

I think the sleep trick has something to do with being exhausted. That tends to work for me and I've never been in the army! :-)

Thanks for the cold pizza....yummmmmm.

Kwizgiver said...

I truly thought ketchup on pizza was a Maine thing--that is the breakfast of champions!

:-)

Thanks for visiting my feast.
~Allison

Unknown said...

Ooooh... I bet watching the tourists on the river walk would be fun. I remember being one of them about 6 years ago. Of course, I don't think I'd want to see any footage of that particular night!

Great blog. I love your sense of humor.

Kim at the BitterBall

Alison said...

Great feast - that banana split has my mouth waterin'! I have been known to eat day old cold pizza for breakfast, but hold the ketchup on mine please. I'll be back to read more. Thanks for feasting with me!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try that sleeping trick...I wonder if I'll get motion sickness - vivid imagination.

Andrea said...

Cold pizza with ketchup on it is a new one for me!! (one I think I will leave for YOU!)

Ann said...

Great Feast! Thanks for visiting! Good luck on John. My soon to be son-in-law likes cold pizza for breakfast minus the ketchup. Have a great weekend.

Liz said...

oh come on....sure you like salad for breakfast...lol

Anonymous said...

yeah USC Trojans!!!!

great feast!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my feast!

I am with you on watching the Cubs on WGN. I miss the days of Steve Stone and Harry/Chip Carray!

Raven said...

Cold pizza with ketsup? OKAY....

Eggs and bacon MAN! The value of a good breakfast should never be taken for granted!

Lady Jane said...

Shakespeare is fabulous!