A Personal Update
I've been working my ass off. Literally.
One of the nurses at the Dialysis Clinic I part-time at had to go home for a funeral last week, so I worked five 12-hour days last week, including Thanksgiving. This should effectively double my paycheck next week, which is a good thing, of course. In addition, my taking the bus is having a positive effect as well. Besides extending my gas tank refill time from 6 days to 9, I have to walk about 1.3 miles from the bus stop. I've lost five pounds in the last two weeks. Plus my diabetes doctor has added a new medication which has not only stabilized my wild blood sugars, but has contributed to the weight loss, I'm sure.
So that's all good.
Julian is off participating in the San Antonio Model United Nations (MUNSA) this week. He's gone from 8am to 11pm three nights this week. It's got me frankly wondering about the wisdom of educators who would keep kids out until almost midnight; but Julian seems to enjoy it, so what do I know? He's continuing his independent study of the violin and doing well with both Chinese and Japanese in school, which always astonishes me. He's a great kid, but he needs a haircut.
Ariane has taken a sabbatical at work for university Hospital. Some of the latent jealousy that her holding down two full-time jobs and doing school has caused problems with co-workers, and some of them have actually been pretty ugly about it. She's still part-timing at another clinic, and doing well after the surgery scare.
And . . . we're going to put in a bid for a house next week. Three bedrooms, three baths, 1700 square feet, and a garage. Needs only a little bit of fixing, but it's a gorgeous floor plan. I'll let you know if it works out.
~~JD~~
1 comment:
Oh well GOOD LUCK with the house. I love it- owning my own place. Well I don't actually own it yet..thats gonna take ten yrs to pay off the mortgage BUT.
And awesome news with the weight loss and diabetes control. Clever and resourceful you are.
Post a Comment