Friday's Feast!

Appetizer: Name 2 things you would like to accomplish in 2008.
We're going to buy a house. I'm going to finish RN school, with any luck at all.
Soup: With which cartoon character do you share personality traits?
One of the undesirable side-effects of being raised by the boob tube as a babysitter is that you tend to emulate the characters you see on the TV. I can not only quote Bugs Bunny extensively, I've even pulled more than a few of his pranks from time to time. Since the current generation doesn't know Bugs Bunny, they find this hilarious; and for the older generations it's a great conversation starter about Cartoons and their vaudeville derivatives.
Salad: What time of day (or night) were you born?
I think it was 1:38 am, but i don't remember very well. I was very young then. (See previous answer about quoting Bugs Bunny.)
Main Course: Tell us something special about your hometown.
Valparaiso Indiana, where I was born, is a medium-sized Midwestern town 15 miles directly south of the tip of Lake Michigan. It's also the hometown of Patricia Ireland of the N.O.W.; Beulah Bondi (who played Jimmy Stewart's mother in "It's A Wonderful Life" as well as "Mister Smith Goes To Washington"; and Orville Redenbacher, the King of Popcorn. They have a "Popcorn Festival" the first weekend of every September in honor of Orville.
San Antonio Texas, where I currently live and never want to leave, has a median year-round temperature of about 68 degrees, is the 2nd largest city in Texas, and the fastest growing city. It's the third largest tourist destination in the USA, and is home to the Alamo, as well as the Riverwalk, probably the most beautiful tourist attraction anywhere. Plus it has 15% of the population employed in health care, with 18 major hospitals (most with more than two campuses; which means more than enough work for little old nurse me.)
Dessert: If you could receive a letter from anyone in the world, who would you want to get one from?
Funny you should mention that. When we were going through our storage unit last week I found a bunch of letters written to me during Desert Storm. A couple were from my grandmother ("Nana") who died in 2000. It was like getting letters from her all over again.
So I guess there ARE benefits to my wife being a Packrat.
~~JD~~
7 comments:
Good Luck on your appetizer! You can do it:)
My Friday's Feast is up as well! Enjoy the rest of the Holidays!
Nice feast. I remember writing letters to some GI during Desert Storm. Hmm, I wonder what ever happened to him...
Very fun and upbeat feast. I so know Bugs and his antics. Now that was a real cartoon. Especially loved your dessert. What a wonderful thing to wish for. Have a great FF and weekend. :)
Ohhh I hope you can get you RN next year..;)
Happy Feast! Have a wonderful New Year too! ;)
Mine here
The best part about Bugs Bunny was the classical music which accompanied him. Who would have thought to put Franz Liszt with a rabbit?
Love your Feast! I thought of myself as Bugs, too, but I'm not quite dapper enough. I'm caustic enough to be Brian from Family Guy, though.
Cheers,
Allison
Great feast this week! I've heard San Antonio is just beautiful. I'd love to visit there one day! Please feel free to visit mine! Happy Weekend to you!
Jennifer :-)
Post a Comment