Day By Day



Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

This house is now officially the "Most Over-Decorated home" -- EVER.



I'm sitting here at Casa Largo with a tall, cool strawberry daquiri with 'waaaayyyy too much Rum in it, as the lovely and gracious Ariane and I watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Miracle On 34th Street" in rapid succession. Appetizers of chicken wings and cheese abound, with Beef Bouginon for midnight dinner. Right now the even money has it we'll eat before then, with presents at the stroke of midnight. (Ariane worked today and got up at 2am, so she's pretty wiped.)

The kittens are nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of catnip mice dance in their heads.

And it may just be the rum; but Donna Reed was pretty hot in her day.

Merry Christmas.

~~JD~~

2 comments:

Raven said...

Merry Christmas JD!! Hope you have today off? Notta me, but that's ok.

J.D. Long said...

Ah yes, that cherished Christmas Overtime -- Time-and-a-half! I seriously considered picking up today, but low hospital census conspired against me.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Rave!

~~JD~~