Day By Day



Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Note for my San Antonio Readers

You need to go to Sears -- right now.

San Antonians remember that in the 60's and 70's the Central Park Mall was the big place to hang out or cruise if you were a teenager. When the mall fell on harder times in the 90's, the property was sold and a new series of shops were built. However, the old Sears store was retained and is still open for business on the property.

Unfortunately, with the new construction of the shops, plus the rebuilding of the I-410 /San Pedro interchange, as well as the rebuilding of the street behind the store, it's now almost impossible to get to the old Sears. Plus a lot of Folks think it went defunct along with the old mall, so business is down.

Way, 'waaaayyyyy down.

The good news is that they've had huge sales at the Sears store for the last couple of months to drum up business. I went down there last week to buy my traditional New Year's pair of work shoes, which usually run about a hundred bucks or so. I walked out with TWO new pairs of Nikes, a pair of dress shoes, and a pair of Lands End all-weather moccasins for less than $150.00.

Four pair of shoes. I haven't owned that many pair of shoes since I was in the service!

You need to go to this Sears. Nice staff you'll never meet; and they'll let you walk away with the store.

Get movin'!

~~JD~~

1 comment:

jenny said...

OKay, I *thought* I'd see something about Friday's Feast! But anyway, I have to say I was in a Sears yesterday (not your beloved one), and I always feel like they treat me well, too. I'm looking for a dishwasher after almost 8 months without one.

And good luck getting out of the apartment scene---it's a bummer, I know. We moved from apartment to little old house (rented) and then into our own home after more years renting then I care to think about. Of course now I have to take care of the dishwasher and broken stuff myself . . .