Pardon Me While I Geek Out Just A Bit . . .
For those of you out there who do NOT read comic books, just skip this post. There are plenty of other posts to read where I won't geek out over a silly little comic book -- just scroll down. I promise. G'wan -- shoo, shoo!
They gone?
Okay, good.
Blue Beetle #24 from DC comics may be the best comic book you'll read this year. I don't care if you've been reading this one or not; you need to go get it now.
It'd got humor, action, pathos, suspense, relatability -- and the best payoff of any comic book buildup I've read in a long, looonnng time. Not to mention one-liners that are so fast and so furious you miss half of the the first read-through.
I've read this book five times in the last four days -- it's that good. Plus it's written by two relative unknowns -- that right there is reason enough to support the book.
Go. Buy. Read already!
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment