South Texas Rainstorm Meets West Texas Duststorm
I haven't seen anything like this since Desert Storm. As I drove home last night I began to see small, light spatters of rain on the windshield that dried quickly and left what I thought was heavy, yellow pollen on the windows.
For most of the night the sky was strongly yellow-tinged, even in the streetlight's glow, which was more than eerie, to say the least. However, as WOAI-TV Reports, it wasn't just me; it was everybody in the greater San Antonio area feeling eerie. (Follow the link for a video, too):
There were reports of the muddy rain in Boerne and New Braunfels too. Storm Tracker 4 Meteorologist Jennifer Broome explains that the heavy winds Tuesday kicked the dust and dirt thousands of feet into the atmosphere. The dust simply combined with the rain as it fell resulting in the ‘muddy rain.’
Basically it's a Texas dust storm meets a rain storm. It's unusual here but dirty rain and even brown snow happen on a fairly regular basis for West Texas and the Panhandle. San Antonio car washes should be extremely busy Wednesday.
"Busy" my butt -- they were so jammed-packed, it was impossible to get within a block of any car wash in San Antonio for most of today. As you can see from this picture of our car, it's pretty dirty today. The kicker for me is that (of course) I just washed the car last week.Dammit.
Another thing that wouldn't happen to me in Northwest Indiana, for certain.
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment