Day By Day



Thursday, August 16, 2007

Friday's Feast!!!



Appetizer: Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?

About every other 2nd or third day I grab the laundry basket and start washing. That way it doesn't take so long. It drives me nuts to wait too long. I wash everything in the house.

Soup: In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?

I was truly old when I was twelve -- or, at least, I've felt that way since then. "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

Salad: What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?


Long Term: I need to finish my RN degree. I really should have done it a long time ago. Short Term: I need to get to bed -- right now.

Main Course: Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.

I saw a UFO about three years ago. If I hadn't been with my niece when it happened, I might have thought I was crazy. I saw a ghost about ten years ago. I still think I might be crazy just from that.

Dessert: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

Happiness is overrated. Service to others is more important. I'm happy if I've been of service to others, which is why I'm a nurse. Somewhere around a 7 currently, I guess -- but I haven't worked in a week.

~~JD~~

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

great answers!! Wow, you ssaw a UFO and a ghost!! Really coool!! Happy Friday.

Anonymous said...

Great feast! Loved your dessert!

Lady of Musotopia said...

Great dessert! I wish I'd said that :)
All the best with your RN degree. I really admire the work that nurses do (and their commitment) :)
Thanks for sharing your feast. Hope you have a great Friday (and a good night's sleep) :)

Melody said...

Great feast!

You've seen an UFO!!! Wow, unbelievable!

Happy Friday! :)

Anonymous said...

Great Feast. :-) I remember being 12 and thinking about how old I am getting. :-) Good luck on getting your RN degree. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great feast!

Feel welcome to visit mine.

Anonymous said...

Your main course it totally UNBELIEVABLE ... thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Come and dine at my table and bring some friends along too!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Feast and good luck with the degree!

Annie said...

Great feast, Happy Friday!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

You couldn't be more right, service to others is very important!

Unknown said...

Im an RN and I hope you finish the degree. Its a job with so many possibilities. Great feast

Kaje said...

UFO?!? whoa!

Lori said...

Your salad sounds great...there is a nursing shortage and you can make big bucks!! Happy FF.

Sandee said...

You saw a UFO and a ghost? Yikes, I'd have had an accident it I ever did. Great feast. Have a wonderful FF. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment. If you read hubbys blog (www.valtool.blogspot.com) you will learn that lied..I do laundry almost every day of the week because my scrubs go immediately into the washer when I get home..Great blog!

J.D. Long said...

Well, they weren't at the SAME TIME . . . . The Ghost was in downtown Chicago and there were several witnesses. It was unnerving, but cool.

The UFO was in the middle of nowhere with my neice and son and was absolutely terrifying. NEVER want to do that again!

~~JD~~

meowminx said...

I like your answers :) I do think ghosts exist. (now is that crazy or what? LOL)

My feast is served, even thouh it's a bit late.

Mitchypoo said...

Great attitude on your dessert! Great feast!

Anonymous said...

Great feast! I loved the main course! I wish I was so organized!

Lady of Musotopia said...

No worries J.D. :)
Thanks for the honour! Your actual feast tonight sounds delicious (mmmmm... Mexican Chorizo) :D
Bon appetit! :)

Judy said...

Happy Friday... and I think it's cool about the ghost and the UFO. I'm sure it didn't feel cool at the time, though... especially the ghost!