Day By Day



Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Vignettes from the Road (Part VI)

*** UPDATED WITH NEW PHOTOS -- WHOOPEE!!!***

Did some exploring this morning.

Found the local McDonald’s, and they didn’t have any new Legion of Super- Heroes figures, but we still had breakfast there. Julian was amazed there was still a McDonald’s that served their Bagel breakfasts, so he was quite pleased with his Breakfast bagel with cheese and bacon. We then found Wal-Mart, and continued our Wal-Marts of the World Tour (and as you can see, Julian is not fond of that name.


We also found my cousin Kelly Baker (and Julian’s second cousin) at her place of employ- ment; an antique shop. We took pictures, of course.



I also found the old Dairy Bar. I actually have memories of running across the stone wall along the back of this place when I was 18 months old. It seemed to me at the time the wall was ten feet high – and to an 18-month old, it was.







We also walked over to the intersections of Iowa 2 and Iowa 5. I remember my grandfather Roy making loops of dandelions here and hanging them around my neck. I remember finding the coordination to extremely difficult – and, again, to an 18-month old, it was.












We've found a new way to post. We find a wireless hotspot (here from the Centerville Library) and post from the car. It saves a lot of time, and we don't have to get out of the car into the heat.

~~JD~~

No comments: