Day By Day



Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday's Feast!

Appetizer: Say there’s a book written about your life. Who would you want to narrate the audio version?

Marcel Marceau? I think if there's ever a book wsritten about MY life, it'll be an abnormalpsychology textbook -- no audiobook necessary.

Soup: Take the letters from your favorite kind of nut and write a sentence. (Example: Perhaps every avenue needs understanding today.)


People have favorite kinds of NUTS? Really? That just seems rather silly to me.

Salad: If you could go back in time and spend one week in another decade, which decade would you choose?


I wouldn't need a whole week. I'd go back to the 1950's and buy 100 shares of Xerox. or the 1970'a and buy 100 shares of Microsoft.

Main Course: Name a song that brings back memories for you.


Anything by Boston, from any album. I've just loved their harmonies mixed with the heavy-metal sounds of the steel guitars.

Dessert: Do you prefer to wash your hands in cold water or warm water?

Ah, finally a NURSING question! You should always wash hands in cold water -- not necessarily freezing, but tepid to cool. Warm or hot water removes the essential skin oils and causes micro-fissures to form on the skin, which forces any micro-organisms you were trying to remove into the skin and can cause infection. So washing with hot water actually doesn't kill the germs -- it gives them a place to live and reproduce!

5 comments:

josh bridges: said...

i am so with you on the stock... i might do wal-mart or better yet: google!

http://lifeasjosh.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

great feast answers this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Lady of Musotopia said...

Yay - first comment :)
What a great feast! Your appetizer made me laugh :D
Yeah, the soup question was a little silly and to be honest, I just wrote about the first nut I thought about!
As for your salad - I'd do the same as you... and go back to the 1990s and invest in Google :D ;)
Thanks for the explanation from your dessert! Glad to know I'm doing something right :D

Anonymous said...

I especially love your Salad and your Desert! Great feast! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Whooof, bark. Good eats. 100 shares of Microsoft. Wow, that would keep me in top quality dog cookies for all my life! I like that idea!