Friday's Feast!!!
Appetizer: Who is the easiest person for you to talk to?
God, no question. It didn't used to be that way at first, but I've found He's a really good listener.
Soup: If you could live in any ancient city during the height of the quality of its society and culture, which one would you choose?
Why in the world would you want to live in any ancient city? Poor hygiene, no air conditioning, terrible health care? These truly are the best of times.
Salad: What is the most exciting event you’ve ever witnessed?
The baptism of the first person I brought to Christ. I couldn't speak for half a day. After that, it was the movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. So terribly sad.
Main Course: If you were a celebrity, what would you do for a publicity stunt?
My own funereal. I have it all planned out -- a traditional Irish Wake with plenty of food, beer, and cocktails, and my cremated body in an urn they could pass around and reminisce with. (I'm actually planning on doing this too -- I think the traditional Irish Wake is very cathartic and healing.)
Dessert: What do you consider the ideal age to have a first child?
For the child, or for me? We had our son when I was 30, but my wife was 24 and suffered for it. My son, however, was an infant and that seemed just right for him. Generally I see less problems with couples in their late 20's / early 30's have happier families and better relationships. It makes me wonder how these teenaged pioneer families managed it!)
4 comments:
hi! great feast! interesting wonderful salad... bringing someone closer to God should be every christian's endeavor =)
interesting main course too!
Great feast (all of it)! I especially enjoyed your appetizer and salad!! Thanks for visiting mine!!
Great Feast. :-) I thought about putting God. I am not sure why I didn't. He is so easy to talk to and he cares so much. I can also see how exciting having the person you brought to Christ baptised would be so exciting. What a blessing that was for you. :-) Praise God! :-) Thanks for stopping by my feast. :-)
I agree about ahving kids in your late 20's. I had my two early, and it has been a struggle, for my husband and for our fmaily, mentally and financially. great feast! thanks for stopping by mine!
Post a Comment