Day By Day



Sunday, August 12, 2007

Vignettes From The Road (Part IV): Family Ties

Time Flies, indeed. The children of my cousin Nancy that I remembered as pre-teens have really grown up. Adam is a worship leader at Liberty Bible Church in the praise band Sunday Mornings.



We got to Liberty Bible Church just in time to worship and meet my cousin Nancy and her daughter Kate (who I remembered in pigtails and overalls, and has grown up into quite the young lady.) We caught up briefly, then went on a brief tour of Valparaiso to see the sights and meet for lunch.



One of our stops was julian's Elementary School, which was little changed from his school days. The vegetation was more lush, and there was no one inside, but essentially the same.



After luch at Strongbow's with nancy, we had dinner with my mother and caught up for a few hours, then went over to my cousin Bob's house for a few minutes of catch-up there. (We both decided we gotta get back more frequently.)

Finally, I called my Dad, and he confirmed what my Mom had told me; he;s dying of Acute Renal Failure and Prostate Cancer. We only talked a few minutes, but I promised to call again tomorrow.

And tomorrow, I'll tell you what my evil plan for Monday is. Don't want to spoil the surprise . . .

~~JD~~

No comments: