Day By Day



Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday's Feast!

Appetizer: What is your favorite type of art?

Cartoons. Graphic imagery. Line art. Woodcuts. Simple, but elegant -- the people's art.

Soup: When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it?

On the day of my Dad's funeral -- we found $40 he had squirreled away in a book, so he treated us posthumously to dinner.

Salad: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you?

2. I'm emotional like Mister Spock. Emotion is overrated. I think Soap Operas are the great destroyer of American culture.

Main Course: Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails?

Thirty minutes or more. I have something like 4 or 5 e-mail accounts; plus I check my wife's, too.

Dessert: To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat?

It doesn't matter. I never get hot or cold. I sleep without blankets or covers. If I had my druthers, it's be 60 degrees (F) year-round, but I don't, so I don't worry about it.

~~JD~~

6 comments:

Patti said...

Great feast. Love your soup. Sorry about your Dad. Funny how they are always there for us ... even if just in spirit! Happy Friday! :)

Kwizgiver said...

Your Salad made me laugh out loud. I'm actually still chuckling.

Fun feast.
~Allison

Nita said...

Great feast! Mine is up too. Hope you can visit me! Have a great weekend ahead :)

Angel Of War said...

Neat feast...and hilarious!!! Then I started looking at your blog, and was really impressed

Alice said...

What a yummy feast, sir! Mister Spock had me laughing so hard, my tummy aches. Great salad.

Thanks for popping by mine. Glad we share the opinion about B&W photography. Cheers!

the laughing gypsy said...

great feast!

cool to see k-love is your favorite radio station. looking forward to next week when i go visit my mother-- we don't get it around here.