There's a Light at the End of This Tunnel
It just really hit me this morning when I woke up and popped out of bed for the first time in two months. I was actually happy to see the day come. The dark, soft, damp blanket of depression had finally lifted.
Depression?????
Yeah, depression.
Shoot, what do I have to be depressed about? Oh I dunno -- my cats died from poisoned cat food; both my cars required over a thousand dollars in repairs in two weeks time; I'm a thousand dollars in debt from my trip to Iowa last month, somebody assaulted my wife and spiked her tires at work . . .
. . . and my Dad died.
Damn.
I'm not sure when it started exactly, but some time around the middle to end of August I started to feel it; right around the time Dad was dying and I couldn't really do much about it but watch long-distance. When he died, i just kind of shut off for a while and let the world go by while I processed and grieved.
Apparently my grief process involves Italian Chianti and Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Well, could be worse, I s'pose.
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I got hired for a Dialysis position last week (I've wanted to get back into Dialysis for three years) for almost $20.00 an hour as a Supervisor. The Detox place I used to work at offered me a job again -- at a substantial pay raise.
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel. You just gotta keep holdin' on, like Third Day says. Great Tune, too.
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment