More Pictures of My Dad
One of my favorite photos, because it has my sister Rose in it too (very few photos of my sisters as babies have survived the years.) Dad's kicked back in the grass, and I'm kicked back laying on top of him. I actually remember when this was taken -- I must have been 4 years old or so.
I'd forgotten I'd had this one until I started looking through the old albums. Here's Dad, the uncomfortable new father with his (I'd guess) 1-month-old son uncomfortably on his lap. You can almost read his mind -- he's thinking, "oh CRAP!!! -- goodbye bachelorhood!!! I think he looks a lot like Dean Martin in this picture. (Well, this was right around the heyday of the Rat Pack, just post-"Martin & Lewis", so that's probably right.
My Dad told me once this was a staged picture -- him making a face while I cried about something. Again with the Dean Martin look here. Another of my favorite pictures of him -- but they all seem to be my favorite picture right now . . . 
The family standing around at my sister Rose's wedding rehearsal in May 1986. My Dad is at far left standing uncomfortably in the brown sports coat jacket.
Again the Wedding Rehearsal, with Dad at left avoiding the camera. He never got along well with Mom's side of the family, which is why I was astonished he showed up for this.
I'm less than a year old here; so sometime in late 1958. Those pajamas are a stitch! I love the little cap.
I'm about 2 years old here; so this had to be about 1960. For some reason my cousin Nancy shows up in every picture taken that Christmas with that ukulele. My mother in this pictures look almost exactly like my sister Rose looks today.
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment