Day By Day



Monday, December 12, 2005

The Experiment Continues . . . Day Three!


Been thinking about Christmas a lot lately. Today at noon is the Halfway point to Christmas in December; 12 pm on December 12th.

Makes me all tingly thinking about it. I just love it!

I've been listening a lot to a couple of Christmas albums at work. A new favorite I bought last year is Christmas with the Rat Pack, which features some great favorites from Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Junior, and (of course) The Chairman of The Board himself. These guys are so obviously having a blast with this music it's just infectious; it's hard not to grin your head off whilst listening to it. Just Magic, baby -- just magic!

My other favorite is an old, old favorite -- the ever-popular Elvis Christmas Album, available in Wal-Marts and Target stores everywhere. Again, it's a case of Elvis and the Jordan-aires having an absolute blast with the material and being able to feel it in the music. I found this in my local Wal-Mart five or ten years ago for $5.00, and would've paid $50.00 for it. A monster favorite.

Finally, the one everyone -- and I **do** mean Everyone -- recognizes and smiles at -- is A Charlie Brown Christmas. I've heard all kinds of cuts from this album, including the "Dance Music" from the party scene and the famous "Linus & Lucy" theme you hear in every Peanuts Special. Vince Guaraldi really got into this music, and very much enjoyed making this album, and it shows.

Ariane's singing Elvis' "Blue Christmas" in the bedroom as i write this. That's mu cue . . . . !

~~JD~~

No comments: