Day By Day



Sunday, December 18, 2005

Joy to The World; The BOB is Come!

Haven't received many Christmas cards this year, but I got a good one yesterdaMy old friend and mentor, Bob Sauber, has accepted a position with the Medina Children's home in Medina Texas -- about an hour north of San Antonio (which in Texas means "right-next-door", really.)

WOOOOOOO--HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I first met Bob when I was working at Shults-Lewis Children's Home just south of Valparaiso Indiana when he was a counselor there and I was one of the Childcare Workers in their experimental Intensive Treatment Program (a locked unti for runaways and emotional problems.) We did some pretty good work there, I thought, but a lack of support from the current (and former) administration shut the place down after less than a year.

Bob and I get along great -- mostly because we're both certified loons, viewing life and people generally from way, 'waaaaayyyyyy outside the box. Bob was the one who encouraged me to go back to school to get my bachelor's in Psychology, and has greatly influenced my worldview in the discipline (if "discipline" is actually a word you can mention in the same sentence with "Bob Sauber" in it as well.)

Should be fun. Hell, it should be a riot. Bob wrote at the bottom of the note "you can run, but you can't hide."

Terriffic. I've got a minor celebrity stalker. (Heh).

~~JD~~

No comments: