A Merry Christmas, Indeed
Squeaked this one in by the skin of my teeth,didn't I?
One of my favorite Christmas gifts was from my son Julian, who got me a tropical print scrub top (which I'm currently wearing at work as I type this) which features Curious George surfing the islands -- soon to be worn to a Convention near you!
And it looks like this.
The kicker is that my son's nickname has been the "little monkey" for years -- which he detests, usually. This was sly payback for years of good-natured torture; as well as a GREAT shirt, knowing my love for loud tropical prints (which some of my friends have encouraged far too much.)
My lovely and gracious wife actually did a spit-take with her coffee halfway across the living room when she saw it
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~/~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~/
I got him back today, though. My back's been bothering me for a week or two now, and the apartment complex has a heated Jacuzzi, so I trotted out and soaked in the Jacuzzi for a half-hour before bed tonight.
I though Julian was going to have a stroke when he saw me dripping in his doorway. "You went SWIMMING, Dad?!?!?!!!
Heh-heh-heh. Good one. Also something I can't do in northwest Indiana, where the temperature as I write this is . . . . a lovely 32 degrees F 9versus 60 here, with a high today of 82.
Gotta love South Texas.
~~JD~~
No comments:
Post a Comment