Day By Day



Friday, December 30, 2005

Oh, THOSE Christmas Cards!

Another minor change for the 'blog: I've changed the sizing on the pictures slightly so that the pictures posted in the 'blog are larger; and if you want to see a larger version you can click on the photo itself. Try it on the photo below now; it's really quite spectacular.


Got a few more Christmas cards today, and was happy to hear from out old neighbors in several places, as well as my Aunt Mary Jayne & Uncle Mike. Ariane and Julian heard from my mom as well; and that small pile of Christmas Cards has become quite large, indeed.

So Ariane walks up to me with two boxes, the first one of which looks like this:




"What's this?, she asks? (In our house "What's this?" is code for "Why LOOK; I've found something obvious one or both of us has forgotten to take care of, my love!)

I replied, "Uhmmmmmm . . . our Christmas Cards."

"We have Christmas Cards?"

"Well, yeah -- looks like I forgot." This is something pretty unusual for me. I LOVE Christmas cards, and really enjoy the whole process of sending them out. Forgetting is a pretty big deal.

I have no idea what happened. Maybe I had a stroke and nobody noticed.

So the picture above was to be one of our Christmas Cards this year (and is sure to be next year, now that I've found them). It's the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio all decorated up for the Christmas season -- just gorgeously beautiful, really breathtaking in person. The one below is uniquely Texas; longhorn cattle and bluebonnets (the state flower that cover the state in springtime):





And perhaps the inspiration for the "vandalism" of Howie the Cow mentioned below in the previous post? Hmmmmmmm?????

~~JD~~

No comments: